Sunday, November 18, 2007

clanging metal


Shortly before Archbishop Oscar Romero's assassination he was asked by a journalist, "where do you find inspiration for your work and preaching?" He responded, "Your question is very timely, for just now I have come from my retreat. If it were not for this prayer and reflection with which I try to stay united with God, I would be no more than what St. Paul says: clanging metal."

The journey of my own life has been one of constant tension between lived meaning and clanging metal. Many friends & family have honored me by suggesting that I write a book. Finally, (and it might be too little too late), this blog is an endeavor to tell my own story: the journeys of the past, the experience of the present, and my hopes for the future. I hope it will be as humorous and insightful as the concrete experiences have proven to be. Story telling is a gifting process, and I want to give my life away.



No comments: